{admin_uri} substitution

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Sep 7 09:02:10 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have CUPS 1.1.23 (as of Debian testing).

My ACL for <Location /admin> is:
| Order Deny,Allow
| Deny From All
| Allow From 127.0.0.1

I experience the following problem when I open [http://localhost:631/printers] to make 'administrative task':

I cannot do anything there, because {admin_uri} substitution on printer's 'action buttons' (as actioned on /usr/share/cups/printers.htm by cupsd) puts there my fully quolified host.domain.name, which obviously gets me into the [Deny All] branch of the <Location /admin> ACL.

If that is not realy a bug, but a 'design feature', what are exactly the reasons to 'hardwire' the base location of the cupsd installation withih the served pages?