{admin_uri} substitution

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Thu Sep 8 04:20:38 PDT 2005

> Anonymous wrote:
> > I'd say, yes:
> > ------------------/etc/cups/cupsd.conf----------------
> > ServerName model.home.waw.pl
> > ------------------bash---------------------------
> > anonymous at model:~$ hostname
> > model
>  > ...
>
> This is the problem - the hostname does not include the domain name,
> which is causing the problem.  CUPS is looking for the FQDN, not just
> the local name...

OK. But this is 'plain Debian'. So the problem may affect other users.

When installing this distribution one is asked for a hostname and a pre-defined default (string: 'debian') does NOT contain domainname, which is a kind of suggestion what user should actually provide at that stage. This may be particularly suggestive to newbes. I'm not as much of a newbee myself, but I *choose* that way since choosing otherwise makes default bash prompts nasty long. Still, other services like Apache or exim don't have problems with such setup.

So, may be ippRewriteURL() should make a provision for such configuration? Be more rubust that way?

Like: when `hostname` returns string without dots, just compare the (dot-separated) first part of the ServerName?