How to install Samsung CLP-510 color printer on Fedora core 3?

Ed vpr.matrix at amphigory.org
Mon Sep 12 22:00:31 PDT 2005

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/support/b2c_downloadcenter_detail.jsp?eUser=&mobile=N&oid=73307&cntType=DR&cntId=264040&lang=ST

1. Download the driver tarball.
2. tar -xzf [driver tarball]
3. cd [driver directory]
4. (as root) ./autorun
5. After install, run 'linux-config' as root

The Samsung GUI driver install requires you have the old GTK1 libraries installed and (from my experience) have CUPS installed.

I tried installing by hand (copying CLP-510splc.ppd & filters, symlinking, etc.) and it didn't work out too well for me. Even using the GUI installer it took about 6 hours to make everything work on my machine running Debian Unstable.

The printer is working well for me now... the duplexer even works for two sided print. Coolness.

Best of luck,
Ed