Print Username

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Sep 16 06:24:10 PDT 2005

Markus Kilian wrote:

> > Anonymous wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > how can I print the username of the author
> > > on a page? I want to lock at printed page and
> > > want to now which user printed this page.
> >
> > See the option page-label=username
> >
> > (substitute "username" by the real user name, of course).
> >
> > Helge
> >

> Vielen Dank für die Antwort,
> wo finde ich die entsprechenden Optionen?
> Markus

Many options, like this one, are not documented except in the CUPS book. Moreover,
if you write a filter or backend of your own, you may design the piece of code to
process additional options. Most of the "official" options can be found in one fo the IPP
related RFCs, but it is a bit dedious to search for them.

I'll collect the set of options and corresponding possible values which are valid at our
site (there are a some "home made" options, of course) and will post them via the links
section of the CUPS web site in the near future.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung