Cupsd start problem

christian at mcdi.com christian at mcdi.com
Tue Sep 20 08:13:44 PDT 2005

Hello all,

My problem is about starting cupsd daemon.  I have an embedded system which I installed linux 2.6.  I cross-compiled CUPS 1.1.23 and installed binary files in my file system.  When I want to start the cupsd daemon, I got this error :

cupsd: Child exited with status 1!

I read many documents that we have to be in root to execute this.  I did it and nothing happen.  Always the same message.  Any idea to fix it?

Just to tell you that I'm using busybox, ash shell and linux 2.6 on an ARM based system.

Best regards

Christian