How to restrict which printers are shared using IPP, CUPS v1.1.23

rickpo at monkeydo.us rickpo at monkeydo.us
Mon Apr 3 11:20:38 PDT 2006

I have a centralized UNIX server that all printers are defined on.  I also have thin clients that act as POS (Point of Sale) terminals to run the application on.  On these POS thin clients, all printer show up befault.  The problem is that if someone accidentially sends a print job to a receipt printer that is all PostScript, it is not very pretty.  I would like to define which printers actually get shared over the network with other IPP clients so that the receipt printers do not show up.  Is this possible with CUPS version 1.1.23?  Can this be done using an ACL?

Thank you all for your time and help.  Much appreciated.

Rick