subscriptions.conf: Examples wanted

Gerd Bavendiek gerd.bavendiek at gmx.net
Tue Apr 4 01:31:57 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Running 1.2, I found a lot of promising features in doc/help/ref-subscriptions-conf.html. If I understand it right, I e.g. could send notification when a printer is stopped or the server is shut down.

The doc furthermore says: "While the subscriptions configuration file consists of plain text and can be modified using your favorite text editor, you should normally use the command-line programs (lp(1) and lpr(1)) or specific applications via IPP requests to manage your subscriptions."

But looking at lp or lpr I unfortunately did not find any specific info how to configure a subscription.

If somebody could please point me into the right direction ? E.g. a real subscriptions.conf ?

Thanks a lot

Gerd