implicit classes and serverpolling

Michael De Vlaminck Michael.DeVlaminck at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Apr 6 06:31:43 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have 2 printservers running cups and managing the same printers.
On the client I have set cupsd.conf to poll those 2 server for printers. And I have enabled implicit classes.
Now kdeprinter shows me several printers:
- printerA at server1
- printerB at server1
- printerA at server2
- printerB at server2
- printerA
- printerB

The 2 last printers are the automaticly created printer classes.
Is it possible to configure cups that only the printerclasses are showed to the user?
So that the user doesn't even know that there are multiple printservers in use.
Because I want to setup a printsystem with load balancing and (more importantly) failsafe operation, but I want it to be as transparent as possible to the users.

thanks
Michael De Vlaminck