How can I obtain a printer report in order to know if a printing is OK or NOT ?

David MAGNY dave55_fr at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 7 02:46:12 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am using CUPS 1.1.23 and I would like to have a report in order to detect if there were some problems during the printing (toner low, media empty ..)

I have read at the following url http://www.cups.org/relnotes.php  in the  section CUPS 1.1.13

". The IPP backend now reports printer state/error conditions when possible (toner low, media empty, etc.)"
So, I have configured my printer with IPP I would like to know when I launch a print how I can get this kind of information (perhaps with a specific line command or perhaps the information is stored in a log file ?)

Thanks in advance.

David MAGNY