OS X Unwanted Banner Page

Phillip Thomas noone at nowhere.com
Wed Apr 12 11:38:26 PDT 2006

Hi - I work in a lab managing 50+ Macs; we also have a linux section of about 20 debian machines that are managed by a separate service.

The problem is we're getting banner pages  ONLY form the linux boxes. However, this setting IS NOT coming from the linux boxes.
According to /var/log/cups/error_log:
I [12/Apr/2006:12:40:33 -0500] Adding start banner page "standard" to job 2215.
I [12/Apr/2006:12:40:33 -0500] Job 2215 queued on 'maclab' by 'phillipt'.

You see it added the standard banner page to this job, which came from our linux section. However, no such banner page is added to jobs coming from OS X machines AND all settings are set for banners OFF ("none").

Is there a trigger of some sort that will always push out a banner for certain types of jobs? If so, can it be configured (off/on/etc) ?

Thanks,
Phillip Thomas