[cups.general] HP Deskjet 5440 Half-Working

David Mattatall davidsmind at davidsmind.com
Wed Apr 12 17:27:59 PDT 2006

Please CC me directly as I am not on this mailing list.

I have an HP Deskjet 5440 that I can test fully with the hplip utils
I can check ink and print the alignment and color check pages with the tool
but if I try to print a test page or print any page at all I get the
following in my cups error log or printed directly to my terminal if I am
using hp-toolbox.

E [05/Apr/2006:19:09:30 -0700] PID 16978 stopped with status 22!

I get one of those messeges per attempt. However to cups just reports the
print has started and that it had completed successfully (ie it doesn't get
stuck in a queue)

Does anyone here have any knowledge of this problem?

I am using the Deskjet-5440 driver that comes with hplip.