[cups.general] Bad Request error with CUPS because cookie

Jan Schierig jschierig at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 02:01:54 PDT 2006

Hi Members,

i got some problems with Cups and its cookie handling.

We use CUPS as printing service on Debian Sarge machines. Now we have some
problems with cookies set by sites of our intranet services. Because of
planed single sign on some sites are setting cookies for Domain: ".xyz.com"

Our CUPS-Servername is in form of host.subdomain.xyz.com . If I want to use
the IPP-connected Printers and the cookie is set i get a bad request message
back from CUPS. This is maybe because of the cookie for domain ".xyz.com"
(and CUPS-Server is in this domain) which is unknown to CUPS.

Are there any possibilities to tell CUPS to ignore cookies included in
http-/ipp-requests.

I would be glad if someone could give me some hints, because several hundred
of users are affected by the problem. We now solve this temporarily by
deleting the cookies from MS IE .

Thanks
Jan