[cups.general] tea4cups question: space in printer name?

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Apr 13 22:20:15 PDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 08:22:45PM -0400, Gary Carroll wrote:
> I am fairly new to Linux, and just purchased tea4cups to try my hand at
> scripting a queue under CUPS. The goal is to replace a program running
> under Windows that manipulates certain jobs waiting in a Windows queue
> to improve performance.
> Problem: Tea4cups says that one should create a printer queue named
> "tea4CUPS administered (someprintername)" to automatically invoke the
> software for that printer. However, Fedora Core 5 (Gnome) tells me that
> a space is not allowed in printer names. What am I missing?

  1 - You confuse the device's description with the print queue name
      or the device uri.
      If you go to http://localhost:631 and create your print queue
      there, I think all should become clear.

  2 - There's a mailing list dedicated to Tea4CUPS
      (tea4cups at librelogiciel.com) and you were automatically
      subscribed to it. You should use this mailing list
      instead of asking Tea4CUPS specific questions in
      a forum dedicated to CUPS.

hoping this helps

Jerome Alet