[cups.general] Other 'less authorized' users

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Mon Apr 17 07:57:35 PDT 2006

We are in the need to allow certain users to be able to 'enable' and
'disable' (and poossibly delete a print job occassionally) print queues
BUT not to have full system access to do any more than that.

Does anyone know of a way that I can setup a group to just do this maybe
through the cups config file?  Also, would they have access to the print
manger screen at port 631 on the server?

I can't quite seem to grasp this so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for any and all help and have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax