[cups.general] Trouble Configuring Cups Print Services

Dracula countofdracula at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:28:34 PDT 2006

Hello

We are trying to set up CUPS in order to manage printers on our network.
Basically, we have an application that connects to a server and uses
it's printers.  We want to seperate the print server from the
application server.  For example, right now, if a client connects to the
application on server ABC, it uses server ABC's printers to print.  We
want to set CUPS up so if a client connects to server ABC, it uses
server XYZ to print.  We already tried setting up CUPS various ways
including having it redirect all print jobs to a particular hostname, in
this case, XYZ.  The problem is, XYZ, which is not firewalled in any
way, and is on the same subnet, is not allowing the incoming print
connections from ABC.  Therefore, when you do a lpstat on ABC, it says
that it cannot connect to the server.

Thanks,

Regards,

Komal