[cups.general] FW: Other 'less authorized' users

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Apr 18 10:53:06 PDT 2006

Minatra, Pat H. wrote:
> Please, can anyone help me with this?  Please?
>

> It appears that my posts may not be getting to the listserve at all and
> I am not quite sure what the problem is.
>
> Please see clarification below as I am still trying to get this to work
> and we are not at a place where we can upgrade at this time.
>
> Thank you so much for any and all assistance as I try to get this to
> work.  I do appreciate any and all help.

What you are doing only works for the web interface.

The command-line tools just use straight IPP operations, so none of
the location stuff with ?foo=bar applies (those are HTTP GET form
variables used by the web interface).

The only way to get fine-grained control from the command-line is to
upgrade to CUPS 1.2.