[cups.general] IPP problem with Lexmark T620

Jukka Salmi j+cups at 2006.salmi.ch
Thu Apr 20 07:09:01 PDT 2006

Michael Sweet --> cups (2006-04-20 09:24:23 -0400):
> Jukka Salmi wrote:
[...]
> >At first I configured CUPS to connect to the printer using IPP, with
> >the following results:
> >
> >- With CUPS 1.1.23 almost everything worked fine, except that I wasn't
> >  able to print plaintext files (I tried with `lptest | lpr'): CUPS
> >  status (according to the log) was OK, but the printer didn't print
> >  anything... Additionally, some (but not all) PDF files triggered a
> >  PostScript error on the printer.
>
> What is the error?

The printer said (while `Print PS Error' was enabled):

	ERROR: typecheck
	OFFENDING COMMAND: setdash

	STACK:

	arraytype
	/MinFeature
	dicttype
	/Private
	dicttype
	dicttype

> Do you have a different model Lexmark printer you can test with?

No, unfortunately not.

> >And, hmm, what could be the reason why printing some PDF files failed
> >when sent to IPP but succeeded when sent to LPD? Does CUPS really
> >generate the same PostScript output? In case it does, this problem is
> >probably a printer bug...
>
> Yes, the output is independent of the backend, so this is likely a
> PostScript bug in the printer.  It could also be an issue of the
> configured PS binary protocol...

I tried all available `MAC Binary PS' settings, always getting the
same error.

Regards, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: