[cups.general] Network Multi Function Printer recommendation

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Fri Apr 21 01:35:46 PDT 2006

Adrian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to buy a one of those all-in-one / multifunction printer.
> The ones that are a scanner/copier(through scanning)/printer (and sometimes fax) all in one machine. I would like it to be a network printer   (with an ethernet port) that I can plug directly into a hub or switch without having to connect it to a computer/server.
>
> I'm looking for one that is a color inkjet.
>
> I would also like to be able to use the scanning feature over the network on linux.
> I've seen laser multi function printers that can do this, the dell 1600n, I beleive can do this.
>
> Does anyone know of an inkjet printer like this?

Any current HP model with ethernet connector and/or WLAN. With HPLIP
(http://hpinkjet.sf.net/), version 0.9.8 or newer you can make printing
(via CUPS queue), scanning (via SANE), sending faxes (via CUPS queue),
memory card access, inkjet maintenance, and ink level check available,
also when the device is connected to the network.

I have tested wthis by myself with several HP models here at Mandriva.

   Till