Client-side Caching

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Apr 24 21:07:06 PDT 2006

> That said, where does this need to happen (from client to server,
> server to printer, or ???) and why?

Well,

We are in the process of resolving an issue with Microsoft. We have a CUPS server using IPP, that hosts all of our printers for the labs. The short story is: Users log in, users print, users log out, and printer doesn't work anymore (access denied). It only happens some of the time however. We've sorta traced it down to a registry handle leak related to IE.

One of the suggestions by the MS tech was to perhaps disable client-side caching (but, he was assuming we were using IIS, which we never will). So... yeah, I was thinking, maybe theres a way to do it in CUPS. But, theres not. Thanks anyways.

Dustin