Mac OSX client + Linux server; copy PostSript file OK; printing not OK

Marcel Zeeuw mzeeuw at terra-zee.nl
Wed Apr 26 03:41:39 PDT 2006

I've ran into a problem that I seems unsolvable, to me at least...

I've a Gentoo Linux server with a Epson AL-C1100 connected via USB. Making use of the Avasys driver.

Copying a test PostScript file from my Mac OSX 10.3.9 client to works OK. However when I try to print to this queue, the 'data' light starts  flashing at some point, but nothing comes out. I've tryed so many postscript drivers... You wouldn't believe.

Are Mac OSX PostScript print drivers producing a file that differs from my PostScript test files, and if so, what conerting filters or mime types should be in place on either the client or the server?

The Epson driver only works when the printer is connected via USB of the OSX client itself.

What am I missing.