IPPGET Subscription

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Apr 27 06:11:35 PDT 2006

Stefano Chieffo wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to know how to configure CUPS (version 1.2) in order to
> provide an application subscription for job completion with the
> ippget notification,

There are two ways.

First, when you create the job, add the notify-pull-method option/
attribute with a value of "ippget" to the IPP_CREATE_JOB or
IPP_PRINT_JOB request.  That will create a subscription which you
can use to get notifications for via the IPP_GET_NOTIFICATIONS
operation.

The second is to use the IPP_CREATE_JOB_SUBSCRIPTION operation using
the job ID from your newly created job and a notify-pull-method
attribute with a value of "ippget".

The first method is preferred since it avoids a possible race
condition (the job might complete before you send the
IPP_CREATE_JOB_SUBSCRIPTION request...)