It's everything OK, but printer doesn't do anything

Silas Justiniano silasdb at yahoo.com.br
Thu Apr 27 07:35:18 PDT 2006

Hello!

I have a HP LaserJet 1020 USB and I'm trying to make it work on a NetBSD box. It's everything fine. USB port enabled, CUPS recognizes it, the printer etc, but when I send a job to the printer. It process it eternally. Several minutes after that the status on the webadmin is "USB port busy; will retry in 30 seconds...".

After I installed CUPS, the jobs were cancelled. I saw on /var/logs/cups/error_log: "Hint: Do you have ESP Ghostscript installed?"

So I removed GNU Ghostscript and installed ESP Ghostscript. Now it process the job (Although it doesn't stop to do it, the processor usage is zero) but the printer "stays quiet".

Do you have any idea? Should I start any daemon or program that is not cupsd?

Thank you very much. Bye!