Accounting

ruans at minolco.co.za ruans at minolco.co.za
Fri Apr 28 00:22:45 PDT 2006

Hi all.

2 Questions.

I read that accounting is done by the printer driver by sending PAGE: and is listed in the log, this unfortunately gives only no. of pages and copies. Idealy you would like to have no. of copies no. black prints no. of colour prints and page sizes. i.e. If i print a doc and have 1 colour page 2 black pages in the doc, I would like to bill a department accordingly. Also A3 is billed as 2 A4 etc.

Q1.
Is there a commen layer in the processing of prints where this info can be extracted? How/Where would I implement this?

Q2.
Is there a way that documents can be stored like a mail box and then later released? How/Where would I implement this?

Any help regarding this would be much appreciated.

Ruan Strydom
ruans at minolco.co.za
KONICA MINOLTA South Africa
MOBS (Minolta oce Business Systems)