Printer Margins/Sizing

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Apr 28 03:24:52 PDT 2006

I found a .ps file that doesn't work:
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/%7Eluca/pubs/stoc00kt.ps

That a .ps file doesn't work seems to imply it's not a .pdf->.ps conversion problem (which I suspected anyway, but it's good to have proof...).  Oh by the way, I converted this file into a .pdf file and printed it out:  it turns out exactly the same.  I held the print-outs from the .ps and .pdf files up to the light and they're exactly the same.

What get's printed out is a finger of whitespace followed by "for Error-Correcting Codes" (the second line of the title) followed by text then followed by three fingers of whitespace.  That is to say, the document looks cut off, scaled down, and off center in the up/down direction.  In the left/right direction, it is off center and maybe or maybe not scaled down.

Thanks if you can suggest something!