[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1546: Maxjobs being ignored in cupsd.conf

Eric Ross ericr at hublaw.com
Fri Apr 7 13:14:02 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Same problem as #999.

Setting MaxJobs to 0 or any number above 1000 still limits the number of
jobs to 1000 at most.  We have a program that spools several hundred jobs
to a print queue and the queue sometimes stops accepting at around 300-400
jobs, when other print queues have no more than 10 jobs all combined.

Will this be fixed or is there a workaround?

Some cupsd.conf settings:

PreserveJobHistory No
PreserveJobFiles No
AutoPurgeJobs Yes          (we're not using quotas, but I set it anyway)

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1546
Version: 1.1.23