[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1561: crash in httpGetHostname()

martin.pitt.canonical martin.pitt at canonical.com
Thu Apr 13 04:17:28 PDT 2006

[STR New]

An user just reported a crash with 1.2rc2 test packages, with the following
backtrace: http://kubuntu.pastebin.com/657295

Sorry, it's relatively poor due to no debug symbols. I'll try to have him
reproduce the issue. However, in the meantime I added some robustification
to httpGetHostname() so that crashes are less likely. They might not fix
the crash, but the additional checks can't hurt anyway IMHO.

Thanks,

Martin

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1561
Version: 1.2rc2