[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1325: doesn't generate correct PDF text with TT fonts

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Apr 23 06:27:02 PDT 2006

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

This appears to be an issue with the generating application - that is, the
PostScript files contain embedded font subsets with no glyph name
information, so ESP Ghostscript is unable to extract useful information
from this.

I believe ESP Ghostscript is re-subsetting the fonts while GPL Ghostscript
is not, however I don't think there is anything we can do for ESP
Ghostscript 8.15.x to fix this problem. We'll check for this when we start
our 8.50.x integration work...

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1325
Version: 8.15.1
Fix Version: Will Not Fix