[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1601: socket backend stops the queue on connection reset

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Apr 25 09:48:27 PDT 2006

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

There is absolutely nothing we can do in this case - if the connection is
reset/closed by the printer, then some error has occurred and we have no
way to know whether it is a genuine error, something that should be
retried, etc.

CUPS 1.2 adds an error policy you can set to override the default
behavior, however a connection reset error generally either means the
printer connection timed out or the printer itself was turned off or its
software crashed.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1601
Version: 1.1.23
Fix Version: Will Not Fix