[cups.bugs] RE: [LOW] STR #1602: cupstestppd.c (1179) - fails to parse "1284DeviceID" PPD keyword correctly

David Chamberlin David.Chamberlin at ktd-kyocera.com
Tue Apr 25 13:41:53 PDT 2006

Hi Michael,

Hmm, OK, well all of our PPDs that failed had "1284DeviceID" and looked
pretty much like the example in the Adobe PPD 4.3 Specification.

Till brought it to my attention since we recently gave him a load of
PPDs.

I've attached one example.

*1284DeviceID: "MFG:Kyocera;MODEL:Kyocera KM-6030;COMMAND SET:
POSTSCRIPT,PJL,PCL"

Let me know if something is not right with this string...

Regards,

David C. Chamberlin
Manager, Software Development
david.chamberlin at ktd-kyocera.com