Odd characters printing on parallel port

Joe D. Trent jtrent at bighamtakeoutbrothers.com
Tue Aug 1 14:47:41 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have an Epson DFX5000+ connected to the parallel port on a Dell server
running under RH Linux 9, Cups 1.1.17. In this arrangement, I get random
odd characters showing up in the output. Sometimes it's a character.
Other times the print will change from standard to compressed.

It worked fine when I had it plugged into a Linksys printserver, but the
Linsys had other issues.

I can print pages and pages of text ok if I print directly to /dev/lp0.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Joe