maybe OT, but ...

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Aug 3 09:30:26 PDT 2006

Michael Sweet wrote:
> Helge Blischke wrote:
>
>> Today I encountered a weird thing:
>>
>> printing the same job (consisting of pages of scanned images, the data
>> runlength and ascii85 encoded) from an intel based box (both Linux and
>> UnixWare) prints OK, but when printing from a sparc-solaris box
>> (Solaris 9)
>> produces weird PostScript errors just after the first or 3rd image.
>>
>> The issue is independent of the data transfer protocol used - I tested
>> IPP, AppSocket, and FTP.
>>
>> Has enybody encountered similar errors?
>

> Not here.
>
> Can you run the pstops filter manually on each system and diff the
> output?

Well, forget my last reply - I just compared/printed only the first pages
which *where* (and still *are*) identical. The differences occur later on.
It is obviously a matter of the pages array in the pstops filter (remember,
I'm still using CUPS 1.1). I suspect there is some quirk with the large file
support on Solaris - I'll have to compile in a couple or diagnostic messages,
and see what happens.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke