windows/mac printing vs. cover pages (1.2.2)

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery+cups at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Aug 3 11:59:34 PDT 2006

Print jobs from Windows (via Samba / cupsaddsmb) and from Mac OS X (via IPP) to printers with cover pages (job sheets) enabled only print the cover pages.  If I disable the cover pages, jobs print normally.

(I was unable to disable job sheets from lpadmin or the web GUI, by the way; the web GUI reported them set to "none" but they continued to print until I shut down cupsd and edited printers.conf by hand.)

This "feels" like the earlier bug with cupsd getting confused about file descriptors after the first file of a multi-file job, but doesn't seem to affect jobs created via lpd or test pages via the web interface.

I can try to collect strace output etc. if needed.