run Dell 3010cn printer with cups

Matt Broughton walterwego at macosx.com.invalid
Fri Aug 4 17:23:21 PDT 2006

In article <26186-cups.general at news.easysw.com>,
 atlantide <antares.atlantide at hotmail.fr> wrote:

>  I've a Dell 3010cn printer. I want run to it with cups of Debian.
>
> I know that the dell 3000cn printer can run with HP color 5500 hpijs. I tray
> many driver of data  hp, lexmark and someone but it is negative.
>
> I want to know if where is an compatible driver to run it.

The specifications for this printer show that it is a host based GDI
printer.
<http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/print_3010cn?c=
us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd>

I don't believe you will find any drivers for it unless it is a
"smartGDI" printer like some Samsungs.  If such is the case, you could
use a built in gdi device from Ghostscript if it is included in your
Ghostscript package.

Matt

--
Matt Broughton