[cups.general] Documentation clarification for CUPS newbie

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 22:32:28 PDT 2006

On 04/08/06, Kurt Pfeifle <kpfeifle at danka.de> wrote:
> Do you have a "firewall" enabled on your Win2000 system?

Not that I know of. But I'll double check when I get back to the
office on Monday.

> > At the very least, it gives the impression that whoever wrote the
> > manual doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
>
> Please! This is a completely inappropriate verdict to issue.

This is not a verdict, just an honest statement of fact; it was my
first impression. And from what was written in the original post,
I am sure there is an unknown number of people who felt the
same way that, like me, felt that something is wrong but maybe
it is not something worth talking about.

If you feel that this is a "verdict" that I should not "issue" (neither
being what I meant), perhaps then it is even more important to
get more users tell you how they *really* feel about the docs,
because such feelings affect how people view the rest of the docs,
or their perceived quality/usability of CUPS itself.

--
cheers,
-ambrose