[cups.general] foomatic and cups: how to make autogenaration work via cups web interface?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 11:39:15 PDT 2006

There did not happen any big and error-prone changes after I have added
the CUPS 1.2 PPD generation support, the changes are more or less only
bug fixes. See

http://bzr.linuxprinting.org/devel/foomatic-db-engine

So the easiest would probably be to simply provide the current snapshot
as update for Dapper. It also provides a better order of the options in
Gutenprint PPD files, and support for ready-made PPDs with other
encodings than ISO Latin.

If you want to be minimum-invasive and only add the PPD generation
feature, you need to apply only the changes from

http://bzr.linuxprinting.org/devel/foomatic-db-engine?cmd=revision;revid=till.kamppeter%40gmx.net-20060420064843-cd6db0ec7eac1659

and

http://bzr.linuxprinting.org/devel/foomatic-db-engine?cmd=revision;revid=till.kamppeter%40gmx.net-20060520070854-4f79053658a49cc9

The first of the two is the first change which was done after your
20060318 snapshot, so it will apply without any manual intervention. The
second one should also apply without problems as it changes only
foomatic-ppdefile.

The two patches are attached.

   Till