cups & OS X 10.3.9

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers at mtpalomar.net
Wed Aug 9 09:58:05 PDT 2006

Mac OS X (10.3.9) PPC laptop

Cups does not appear to be functioning.

I  try to point safari to 127.0.0.1:631, and I get a pop up requester stating;

Safari can't connect to the server:
safari can't open the page "http://127.0.0.1:631/" because it could not connect to the server "127.0.0.1"

I can ping 127.0.0.1, so that much is good

I've open a terminal window, and type the following and get the following;

sudo /usr/sbin/cupsd

..
dyld: /usr/sbin/cupsd Undefined symbols:
/usr/sbin/cupsd undefined reference to __ipp_free_attr expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
/usr/sbin/cupsd undefined reference to _cups_strcpy expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

Not sure how to "fix" this problem with cups

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com>
Registered Linux User #96112

        Ben Franklin - 1759