cupsfilter and mime.convs

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Fri Aug 11 05:05:09 PDT 2006

arnaud <ext.teamlog.valeix at sncf.fr> wrote (Friday 11 August 2006 13:19):

> You speak about the file pstoraster.convs, but do I need to fix it
> with the rastertoepson parameter ?

No.

rastertoepson will be called by the "*cupsFilter" line in the
respective PPD for that queue. "*cupsFilter" PPD lines always
name the *last* filter to be run for a job.

pstoraster will be called by CUPS if it appears in one of the
"*.convs" files in /etc/cups/.

> Actually, I can only find this following line in it.
>
> application/vnd.cups-postscript  application/vnd.cups-raster  100  pstoraster

That one line is all what's needed in this file.

Cheers, Kurt