Change Settings causes problems

angelb angelb at bugarin.us
Fri Aug 11 09:39:21 PDT 2006

Hello all.

I'm running two servers, AIX and RedHat, both of which I'm able to duplicate the following problems.

When hitting Change Settings from the Administration page, this cause
the server to restart itself even if there were no changes made.

Lastly, a more serious effect is that when you do Change Settings
(without actual changes), your cupsd.conf file is changed. See the
following.

	Before Change Settings:

	ROOT @ OCCAM002 # ls -al cupsd.conf
	-rw-r-----   1 root     cups           3365 Jul 31 15:11 cupsd.conf

	After the Change Settings:

	ROOT @ OCCAM002 # ls -al cupsd.conf
	-rw-r-----   1 root     cups           2155 Aug 11 11:28 cupsd.conf

If you noticed, the date and size changed. Lastly, as a result of the
change, I was never able to get the web-interface back. The server is
running but no web-interface access.

Has anyone experienced the same?

An STR has been submitted accordingly.

Thanks,