Network Access

Chris Robinson chris at krc.org.uk
Mon Aug 14 07:18:37 PDT 2006

Hi

cups downloaded yesterday cups-1.3svn-r5805

I have a debian server with cups loaded.  It does not have a desktop.  I need to configure cups from a machine on my network.

I enter http://192.168.33.13:631 but get 403 forbidden.

I am behind a firewall so i do not need any security.  I have been trying to get it working for a day.

There does not appear to be any docs to just get cups working through a network interface.

cups.conf
Listen 192.168.33.13:631

log
cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided.
cupsdSendError: 7 code=403 (Forbidden)
cupsdCloseClient: 7
cupsdAcceptClient: 7 from 192.168.33.48:631 (IPv4                                                 cupsdReadClient: 7 GET /cups.css HTTP/1.1
cupsdReadClient: 7 Browser asked for language "en                                                 cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided.
cupsdSendError: 7 code=403 (Forbidden)
cupsdCloseClient: 7

Regards

Chris