Form Feed - CUPS

Bernd Krumböck krumboeck at universalnet.at
Mon Aug 14 11:26:02 PDT 2006

Cleber wrote:

>> What is your input format? ASCII? Postscript?
> ASCII
> ---
>
>> You are printing from windows or linux?
> A  in Fedora/Linux and other in the lan in a pc with Win/XP
>
> [PC LINUX]---[LX810]---[EPSON FX - SMB - IN PC WIN/XP]
> |
> |LAN
> |
> [PC WIN/XP]----[EPSON FX]
>
> ---
>
> [root at servidoruv UniVision]# lpoptions -p printer -l
> lpoptions: Destination printer has no PPD file!
> [root at servidoruv UniVision]#

Please replace the string "printer" with the name of your printer queue
(UVepson).
You can see all printer queues and their devices with "lpstat -v".

> Size paper = 11x21 cm
> 311,66 x 595  or 311 x 595?

I think you should only use 311x595.

> ----
>
> [root at servidoruv ppd]# lp -d printer -o PageSize=Custom.311x595
> [/etc/cups/ppd/UVepson.ppd
> lp: unable to print file: client-error-not-found
> [root at servidoruv ppd]# lp -d printer -o PageSize=Custom.311,666x595
> [/etc/cups/ppd/UVepson.ppd
> lp: unable to print file: client-error-not-found
> [root at servidoruv ppd]# lp -d printer -o PageSize=Custom.311.666x595
> [/etc/cups/ppd/UVepson.ppd
> lp: unable to print file: client-error-not-found
>
> ----

Please try

lp -d UVepson -o PageSize=Custom.311x595 <file_to_print>

> How do I do  not using the size of the paper that is in the ppd file?
> If that is possible, I define the size of the paper in my application.

With the option "-o PageSize=Custom.311x595" it is possible. If your
application don't support this, you can try to add a new page size to your
PPD File.

best regards!
Bernd