[cups.general] Which driver to use on MS-Windows: PCL or PS?

Tristan Miller psychonaut at nothingisreal.com
Wed Aug 16 04:28:16 PDT 2006

Greetings.

We're using a GNU/Linux machine with CUPS as our print server.  We just
bought an HP LaserJet 1320.  When we try to add the LJ 1320 as a network
printer on our Microsoft Windows machines, they want to know which driver
to use.  There are three drivers available from HP:

HP LaserJet 1320 PCL5e driver
HP LaserJet 1320 PCL6 driver
HP LaserJet 1320 PostScript driver

Does it matter which driver we use?  I picked the PostScript driver, and so
far everything seems to be working OK.  Is there any reason to prefer one
of the PCL drivers instead?  Which one works best/fastest with CUPS?

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o  Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]  ><  Space is limited