[cups.general] How can I add multiple printers quickly ?

Robert Gruener rgruener at online.de
Wed Aug 16 06:33:20 PDT 2006

Komal Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to add multiple printers (over 100) on a system quickly instead
> of going through web gui menu.  After adding the printers, I need to
> replicate the all printer information to another system.  Is there a way
> to do this as well, like programmatically or copying over the configs?
>
> Komal

Can be done via commandline/script with the lpadmin command.
To replicate the printer information just copy the necessary files to
the other system. If it is a client as well, cupsd.conf can be copied
together with the other files (printers.conf, lpoptions, etc.). If it is
another server, don't miss to correct cupsd.conf .

Cheers

Robert