[cups.general] Network printing - 5 character raw sequence

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:42:49 PDT 2006

On 17/08/06, Friðrik Már Jónsson <fridrikm at gmail.com> wrote:
> The printer computer uses a Windows system, and it's shared as: \\KASSI1\Skuffa where KASSI1 is the computer name on the network and Skuffa is the printer name.
>
> Please tell me if you need any more information to help me on this. I've tried the "lpr" command but it seems I didn't get it to work somehow, probably because of an error in my syntax. I haven't found any examples of UNIX-to-Windows raw network printing, and I really hope some of you CUPS wizards have some suggestions for me.

You need to tell us what command you used, and what actually happened
(error messages if any, for example). How did you send the sequence
"27,112,48,55,121" (which is {esc} "p07y")? What options did you use
for the lpr command? What do you mean by "somehow it's not working"?

Without any such information, we can only guess. Perhaps you forgot to
use the "-l" option with the lpr command?

--
cheers,
-ambrose