Testing the backchannel with the socket backend

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Aug 17 11:23:06 PDT 2006

> No, that bug isn't affecting you.
>
> Without knowing what printer you are using, I can't say for sure why
> you aren't seeing the back-channel data.  Some printers don't support
> bi-di on port 9100 - our Xerox printers don't, for example...
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

Thanks, Mike - it's an HP LaserJet 8150dtn. Our old print system backend reports the output of the program on the backchannel from port 9100, so I expected socket(8) to do the same. I'll tinker a bit more to see what might be wrong, but would be glad of suggestions based on your experience.

John A. Murdie