Firefox and CUPS

Paul Clarke pjclarke at grapevine.net.au
Sat Aug 19 16:18:37 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have two computers runing Fedora 5.  Both are configured in a similar manner with only small hardware differences.  I recently installed a printer server and the desktop was set up using CUPS but the laptop has problems.  every time I try to start CUPs using http://localhost.localdomain:631/  firefox errors with a "server not found" error and inserts a www between the :// and localhost.

I have seached Firefox and cannot see why this would occur.  I did have to change a setting in the security options to allow firefox to connect to local functions.  I did not have to do this on the desktop and I did not have to do this on the laptop for Samba.

I know this is (maybe) a Firefox issue but maybe someone here has this problem as well

Thank you

Paul