"Options installed" don't persist

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Aug 22 06:58:13 PDT 2006

In my episodic but continuing exploration of CUPS 1.2.2 on Solaris 8, I find that when I use the web interface to "Set printer options" that the changes I make under the heading "printer: Options installed" (such as whether the printer has a particular optional tray or a duplex unit) are not shown to me when I return to that web page, though any changes I make under the heading "printer: General" on the same page do persist.

This is with the snmp backend chmod-ed 000 because of the long delays it causes, if that's relevant.

Is this a bug, or the result of some silliness on my part? I can't find any known bug in the listings which quite matches this, to my mind. Is there some way I can debug this?

John A. Murdie