[cups.general] Can't print bank statement from ar,test page fine.

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Aug 23 03:32:16 PDT 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:

>>>Yes, there is a check box for downloading fonts on the Acrobat print
>>>dialog...
>>
>>Gene, can you return to "-dPARANOIDSAFER" in pstoraster and activate
>>font embedding in the Acrobat Reader? Does printing work then?
>>

> Thats only for asian fonts as near as I can read for version 7.08.  And it
> was, and still is, checked to enable.
>

>>  Till

 From my experience, and looking ingo various gs versions, the exact meaning
of SAFER vs PARANOIDSAFER is not completely consistent over tze 7.xx and 8.xx
versions, though only PAPANOIDSAFER is intended to prohibit file reading "at all"
with the following exceptions:
- files listed on the command line
- files in directories listed in LIBPATH environment variable
- files in directories listed in FONTPATH environment variable
(the latter two internally set to compiled-in defaults if not explicitely
set)
are permitted for read access.

Thus, I'd suggest to set the FONTPATH variable according to the directories
where fonts should be searched.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke