browsing printers

Michael De Vlaminck michael.devlaminck at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Aug 23 07:29:58 PDT 2006

Hello,

I'm using cups 1.2 and I was wondering if it's possible to choose which
printers are browsed to a certain ip.
Let's say I have 5 printers and our network is divided in two parts.
One part is for our personel and the other part is for the students. The
student part has it's own cups server (because it is behind a firewall)
which receives it's printers from the "main" printserver through a
browse directive. But there are only 2 printers which the students can
use. Is it possible to only browse those 2 printers to the students cups
server?
Right now we do this with our accounting system but it would be much
better if the students can't even see the printers they are not supposed
to use.

thanks
Michael De Vlaminck