Printer stop

Christoff van Zyl christoffv at bercoexpress.co.za
Thu Aug 24 03:33:11 PDT 2006

Hi all

I was wondering if somebody can give me some inputs regarding a problem I have
with cups.

The problem:
We have about 30 printers in our wan setup over the country. If somebody
switch off there machine at 5 and somebody wants to print to the printer the
queue will try resending the job every 30 seconds.
"Unable to connect to printer; will retry in 30 seconds...: Connection timed
out"

Now the problem is that the printer stop completely,
"Printer State: stopped, accepting jobs",
and we need to go to the webinterface on port 631 delete all the jobs and
start the printer again.

My question:
Is there a option in cups that will delete jobs say older than 5 minutes and
don't stop the printer completely. Or even start all printers that is
stopped.

I hope there is somebody out there that can help with this problem.

Thanks
Christoff