[cups.general] Can't print bank statement from ar, test page fine.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizononline.net
Thu Aug 24 18:07:05 PDT 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 13:32, Michael Sweet wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Which is by default conmmented out, but if simply uncommented, would
>> point
>>
>> at a directory with a very restricted content:
>
>Right, but you have the opportunity of setting it to any directory
>(or directories) you like...
>
>The default is, in fact, /usr/share/cups/fonts, and is passed to
>pstoraster if you don't provide a different one.  Also, FontPath only
>adds to the Ghostscript default paths, it doesn't replace them...

Well, since gs's own builtin list of paths seems fairly complete, its
aboiut as easy to run 'gs --help' look at the search path, and put a
needed font someplace in one of:
   . : /root/.fonts : /usr/share/ghostscript/7.07/lib :
   /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts : /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript :
   /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1 : /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType :
   /usr/lib/DPS/outline/base : /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 :
   /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType

But the thing I still don't understand is why, all of a sudden it gets a
tummy ache over the -dPARANOIDSAFER option and the ariel.ttf fonts when
its been running that way for at least a year, maybe 2 or 3 without any
probs?

Me wanders off scratching thinning grey hair but it doesn't seem to help.

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should append the